In addition to our regular weekly services, we also host a range of one-off or periodic events, which we will advertise on this page.
Live Music at the Chapel
The acoustics in the Chapel and our Gatehouse are very well suited for live music and other performing arts. Recent events we have hosted or are due to host at Oat Street include:
- A folk concert by Breton folk singer Dom Duff in October 2015
- The first of our regular series of “Folk Treble” events featuring local musicians Mike Weaver, Ashland and Colin Pitts in June 2016
- The annual December Christmas charity concert by local madrigal group Musyck Anon. The 2018 one was on Friday 21 December.
- Family live poetry reading event with Heather Waistie as part of the Evesham Festival of Words in July 2016
- “Down The Old Asum Road,” music and poems, a fringe event for the 2017 Evesham Festival of Words on 6 June 2017
- The second Folk Treble event featuring Mike Weaver and friends in August 2018
- The third Folk Treble event on 18 April 2019
- Legendary folk singer songwriter Steve Ashley in concert, with support from Mike Weaver, on 14 September 2019.
There are several videos of songs from previous Folk Treble events on the Chapel’s YouTube channel, and we think they give a useful feeling for what an event at Oat Street is like. Please do contact us if you might be interested in hiring us as a venue.
Midland Ministers Service & Asparagus Lunch
Every May, the Midland Unitarian Ministers hold their annual service here at the Chapel followed by a wonderful “Asparagus Lunch” which has been held as an annual event since the late 18th century and which originally started as a cunning front for holding dissenting non-conformist discussions away from prying eyes….
A number of Christmas events are held during December including the previously mentioned Christmas charity concert, courtesy of our friends at the Musyck Anon madrigals group, and a Carol Service. More details of all of these can always be found on our main news page. 2018’s Musyck Anon event was on Friday 21 December.
For further information, or to make enquiries please contact us.