From George May’s History Of Evesham – 1845
“This place of worship is very properly placed back from the public street – from whence we pass through a garden-like enclosure spread with turf that here and there swells gently over the remains of those who sleep beneath.
While flowering shrubs shaded by the drooping branches of the mournful willow, that waves above the lettered stones, stamp order, quietitude and seriousness upon this house of prayer.
There is something, too, appropriate and time honoured in the aspect of the building. It lacks the prim and staring frontage which modern meeting houses usually possess.
There is a repose and mellowness in the tincture of its walls and sedateness even in the leaded lights that occupy its window frames.
We enter: and the character of the interior harmoniously corresponds; it tells us that the fathers of the living generations worshipped here. The place is well proportioned; airy; not smothered in galleries but roomily pewed with oak.
The organ loft, the pulpit, with its characteristic sounding board, and even the dial, with its ancient face, are all in unison and speak to us of by-gone years.”